16 Aug How To Cool Your Home Efficiently
During the heat of summer, you may struggle to keep your home cool without enormous utility bills. However, if you cool your home efficiently, you can spend less money on AC in the hot summer months.
A cool home is essential for a good night’s sleep and comfort during the day. At some point in the summer, you will need to turn on your air conditioning, so be smart about that process to keep your utility bills low.
There are many ways to cool your home affordable in summer, including:
- Use Your Fans: During the summer, your fans should rotate in a counter-clockwise direction to blow the air downwards. This will increase the airflow in your home, making you feel cooler.
- Close Your Shades: Close your shades to stop the sun from streaming into your home. The heat of the sun warms the temperature of your home. When you close the shades, your home will be cooler.
- Get A Programmable Thermostat: Programmable thermostats can be set to increase in temperature when you’re away from home and decrease in temperature when you’re at home. A programmable thermostat will save you money in cooling your home.
- Turn Up Your Thermostat: Keeping your home at a higher, but still comfortable, temperature will save you money on utility bills.
- Schedule Routine AC Maintenance: Routine AC maintenance ensures the efficiency of your AC Unit. Maintenance allows professionals to make adjustments, clean, and check for needed repairs, all of which improve efficiency.
- Upgrade Your AC Unit: If your AC Unit is getting old, replacing it may be the best thing for maintaining the efficiency of your home AC and lowering your utility bill.
You can also keep your home cool during the summer by simple methods such as closing the shades, by optimizing your thermostat and by maintaining the efficiency of your AC Unit. These methods will save you money in the long run.