11 Apr Five Reasons To Clean Your Ducts
Springtime brings with it warm weather, open windows and unfortunately — sneezing, coughing, itchy eyes and headaches due to allergens in the air you breath. Cleaning your home’s air ducts eliminates harmful contaminants, ultimately reducing these symptoms and allowing you to enjoy the warm weather.
While most homeowners regularly change their A/C and furnace filters every few months, air ducts routinely remain untouched for years. What you can’t see won’t hurt you, right? Wrong! As time passes, your air ducts become a depository for dust, insects, dust mites, dead skin, pollen, pet hair, pet dander, mold, chemicals, dirt and ultimately anything that enters your home.
Here are five more compelling reasons to clean your air ducts this Spring:
- Reduce allergies. Proper cleaning of air ducts greatly reduces the amount of harmful dust and other contaminants in the system. Clean air ducts provides healthy and clean air for your family to breathe.
- Eliminate mold. Air ducts are an ideal breeding ground for mold, bacteria, fungi and other harmful allergens. Moisture can cause mold and mildew to grow inside and outside of the ductwork. When having your air ducts cleaned, make sure an antimicrobial solution is put into your system to prevent future mold growth.
- Remove pet dander. Animal fur gets trapped in your home’s vents and air duct systems, creating room for germs, fungus and bacteria. Pet dander makes allergies worse and hinders the efficiency of your HVAC system.
- Dust removal. Ever feel like you are constantly dusting your house? Your HVAC system may need cleaning. Dust continues to flow through your house’s ductwork until it’s cleaned properly. Cleaning your air ducts creates healthy flowing air and removes dust.
- Increase efficiency. The collection of mold, mildew, pet dander, dust and other contaminants reduces the efficiency of your home’s HVAC system. Not only does this issue provide poor quality air but also costs you money. Proper cleaning of your air ducts removes buildup and promotes better airflow throughout your home, leaving your system at its peak efficiency.
Clean air ducts keep your home’s HVAC system working properly and eliminates any allergens or harmful contaminants. Keep your family safe and provide them with clean and healthy air by cleaning your ductwork.